Blossoms and Windows

Recent comments

Lovable Dragons   8 weeks 1 day ago

Kids always love to be surprised with what they are going to learn. I am so happy that your students loved it when you introduced the dragon's tale to them. It gives them new ideas to ponder about. anti snoring

Where The Mountain Meets the Moon Receives Newbery Honor   19 weeks 2 days ago

I am really excited to read the novel “Where the Mountain Meets the Moon” after reading this post. I am sohappy that it received the Newbery Honor. I am sure that t is going to be a treat. Thanks a lot for the post aswell as the video. Keep sharing.

Gingerbread House Building 2012   19 weeks 4 days ago

Gingerbread house building workshop is a program conducted by keene public library to find and promote the artistic skills of children under the age group of 15. Good to know that, the program was a great success and hundreds of students participated in it.

Lovable Dragons   30 weeks 1 day ago

You are free to share anything you see.  Thanks.

Lovable Dragons   30 weeks 6 days ago

What a fantastic idea - I bet you had a library full of honking and roaring dragons by the end of that! Would you mind if I shared this idea on my blog for other dragon lovers to use? http://www.dragonsandthings.co.uk/

Happy Birthday Harry!   37 weeks 2 days ago

Love these!

Featured Author, John GREEN!   39 weeks 5 hours ago

[…] Featured Author, John GREEN! (kplteen.wordpress.com) […]

The Hobbit Second Breakfast   1 year 20 weeks ago

No, there is no charge for library programs.

The Hobbit Second Breakfast   1 year 20 weeks ago

Is there a cost?

A History of the Town of Keene from 1732, when the Township was Granted by Massachusetts, to 1874, when it Became a City by S. G. Griffin, M. A.   2 years 14 weeks ago

Thank you for letting us know! I'm so glad you found our History useful. We are very proud of it.

It is with interest that though this history, I learned a little more about my ancester,Timothy Hall. Thanks for posting this on the internet.Regards: Andrew Hall in Connecticut

Mark Twain Film Series Starts Nov. 30   2 years 18 weeks ago

Yes, there was a mistake in our original posting.  Crossed Swords (The Prince and the Pauper will be shown on Tues., Dec. 14.  Thank you for your good eyes!

Mark Twain Film Series Starts Nov. 30   2 years 18 weeks ago

Should that read December 13th?Delete 118 minutes?Copied from KPL WebsiteWed.  Dec. 17 at 7 p.m. "Crossed Swords" (1937)Errol Flynn and Claude Rains star in this classic version of The Prince and the Pauper.  118 minutes. Directed. by William Keighley. 92 minutes.

Harmonica for Kids   2 years 24 weeks ago

Is your grandchild signed up?  Parents, grandparents, and other caregivers can accompany participants. We might not have enough harmonicas for caregivers though.  However, if there is interest, we can offer a class just for adults.  When time do you think would be best for adults?

Harmonica for Kids   2 years 24 weeks ago

Now that is a class I am interested in also! Can a grandparent accompany her grandchild?

Kids, Hurricanes, and Books   2 years 25 weeks ago

Thanks!  I love it at Keene Public Library. It's nice to know that you do too!

Where The Mountain Meets the Moon Receives Newbery Honor   2 years 26 weeks ago

Thanks so much for suggesting such a neat site.  I'm going to add it to our webpages as soon as possible.

Where The Mountain Meets the Moon Receives Newbery Honor   2 years 26 weeks ago

This is a great book.  It received a Newbery Honorary Recognition award.  For a complete list of both winners and books that received this recognition, please see the following link:http://hubpages.com/t/186684

Keene Chautauqua Programs Announced   2 years 41 weeks ago

Young Cha- something rocks! Making history fun!

Workshop: Movie Making in Youth Programming   2 years 43 weeks ago

The library will be posting the workshop materials soon. Stay tuned!

Workshop: Movie Making in Youth Programming   2 years 44 weeks ago

Hello,A friend forwarded this information, but I read too late to attend.  Please let me know of any other information on this in the future or group that meets to discuss this topic.  I have a 15 year old son who is very interested in making movies. Thanks!Lisa Chamberlain, Hillsboro  takecare@comcast.net

What do librarians do when the library is closed?   2 years 45 weeks ago

Of course none of the original sounds of Motown are in the public domain, but Solange Knowles put out a single in the past few years that has a very familiar ring to it, if the Big Chill soundtrack is your kind of thing.Then it's reasonable to believe that you could find something on Jamendo with a CC BY-SA license suitable for reuse in this video, provided that the video too was licensed that way. (Then it could be added to our free collections also.) It's certainly a better option than waiting 100+ years for Motown to enter the public domain.KFL

Teen Advisory Group   2 years 47 weeks ago

Great idea. Hope it's going well.

Vicky

It's Not About the Hike Presentation & Book Signing   2 years 51 weeks ago

I'll pass this on to BJ but I'm confidant that we'll get it.  Thanks.