There are five different library card designs for you to choose from. You choose your own design but you can only have one library card at a time.
Library cards are only issued at the library or during a library program.
Personal identification and proof of address must be provided when applying for a card. Please notify the library of any address or email changes.
Keene Public Library cards may also be used at Keene State College's Mason Library; however materials from Keene State College will have their own late fees which may be different than those of Keene Public Library. For more information, see the Mason Library Circulation policy.
All KPL cards are individual and non-transferable.
Borrowers are responsible for all library materials checked out on their library cards, and for all overdue fees and replacement charges for lost or damaged items. For your protection, do not loan your card to anyone else.
If you lose your card, please report the loss immediately to the library, so that others do not abuse your borrowing privileges. There is a minimal charge to replace a lost card.
- City of Keene Residents
- Keene Property Owners
- Full-Time City of Keene Employees
- Out-of-town Students Attending School in Keene
- Keene State College Students
- Other Full-Time College Students Attending School in Keene
- Full-Time Teachers in the Keene School System
- Tutors or Students in the Adult Tutorial Program
- Business Cards for Institutions Located in Keene
Out-of-Town Borrowers (non-residents of Keene who do not fall into any of the above categories)