The meeting rooms at the Keene Public Library are available for use by non-profit, civic, cultural, charitable and social organizations in Keene, subject to the following conditions and procedures:
All meetings shall be free of charge and open to the public.
All scheduling must be done at least one week in advance. Meetings may be scheduled for up to 6 dates in advance.
Fees: All fees must be paid one week in advance. There will be no charge for use of the rooms between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and between 9:00 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. on Fridays. The upstairs meeting rooms may be rented Monday through Thursday from 6:00 p.m. - 8:45 p.m. and on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. until 15 minutes before closing for a fee. The two lower level meeting rooms may be rented until 10 p.m. weekdays and on Saturdays during Library hours for a fee. Special arrangements may be made to use the lower level meeting rooms during times when the Library is normally closed. Use of the rooms during these times is subject to staff availability.
|9 am-6 pm||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free||$10/hour with a 2 hour minimum|
|6 pm - 8:45 pm||$20||$20||$20||$20||$10/hour with a 2 hour minimum|
|8:45 pm - 10 pm||$10||$10||$10||$10|
4. The rooms are locked except when in use. The key will be at the Circulation Desk. The room must be locked when the room is vacated and the key returned to the Circulation Desk. For events held when the Library is closed, special arrangements for obtaining the key will be made in advance.
5. No organization or individual shall be permitted to solicit donations or sell any item in the Library.
6. Priority in scheduling will be given to Keene Public Library sponsored programs.
7. By order of the fire department, each meeting room has a maximum capacity. Please ask for that specific information when booking a room.
8. Food and drink is permitted within the meeting rooms only. Any food or drink debris must be removed by the reserving group, bagged up securely and taken to the Circulation Desk. Rooms must be left in a neat and orderly condition. A cleanup fee may be charged for rooms left in a disorderly condition. The individual who completes the registration form will be held responsible for damage.
9. Library staff is not available to change the room arrangement or to provide support services such as carrying equipment or materials into or around the Library, operating audio-visual equipment, or making photocopies.
10. Groups must state their sponsorship and are prohibited from making statements in their advertising or meeting announcements that suggest Library sponsorship or endorsement. Inquiries from the public concerning specific programs will be referred to the sponsoring organization.
11. Neither the name nor the address of the Library building may be used as the official address or headquarters of an organization.
12. All persons and organizations using the City of Keene Public Library meeting rooms shall possess any and all licenses, rights or other permission required by law to prevent infringement and/or the unauthorized use of any trademarks, copyrights, and/or other intellectual property rights.
13. Adequate adult supervision of minors is required at all times.
14. Smoking or other fire hazardous materials such as candles, matches, or incense are not permitted on the premises.
15. Failure to comply with these rules will result in denial of use.
All Keene Public Library facitilies are completely handicapped accessible.
Photos of Meeting Rooms (click on the thumbnail for larger photos)
Ruth Huntress Auditorium: