The Friends of the Keene Public Library provide these passes to museums and other area attractions. Passes may be booked in advance and are checked out with a library card.
Passes offer free or greatly reduced admissions to:
- Masterpieces from every continent are included in the Museum's collections.
- One coupon is available for each day. The coupon admits two people with a $10.00 per person admission fee, and may be used whenever the museum is open.
- The coupon may also be used to purchase special exhibit tickets for an additional $10.00 per person.
- Children 6 and under are admitted free at all times; children 7-17 are admitted for $7 on school days until 3 pm. All other times, children under 17 are admitted free.
- Hours: Mon, Tues, Sat, Sun: 10-4:45pm; Wed, Thurs, Fri: 10-9:45pm
- A wonderful museum of science and technology with lots of innovative and interactive exhibits and programs that educate and entertain people of all ages, the Omni Theater, Hayden Planetarium, and laser shows.
- One coupon is available for each day. This coupon admits four people into the Exhibit Halls for a $7. per person admission fee.
- The coupon does not include discounts on tickets for the Omni Theater, Planetarium, or Laser Show and cannot be used to purchase combination tickets.
- Open daily 9-5 and Fridays till 9 pm.
- The Brattleboro Museum & Art Center is "an independent, non-collecting museum whose mission is to present art and ideas in ways that inspire, educate, and engage audiences of all ages."
- One coupon is available for each day. The coupon admits one family (adults, children, caregiver) for free.
- Open every day except Tuesday, 11 am - 5 pm.
- This pass was donated to the Library by the Museum.
- A national historic landmark with 25 original buildings celebrating 200 years of Shaker life.
- One coupon is available for each day. The coupon admits two people with a $6.00/person admission charge for adults and a $3.00/person admission charge for children under 18.
- Hours: May – Oct.: 10-5 daily; Closed Nov.-April, with some exceptions. Click on link for upcoming events.
- Children learn while playing.
- One pass per day. Each pass admits four people for half-price. Regular admission is $6 for adults and children over 12 months; children under 12 months are free.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 10-5; Sun noon-4; closed Mondays and holidays.
Currier Museum of Art - Manchester, N.H. - (603) 669-6144
- Internationally renowned art collection in an intimate classic setting.
- Two passes. Each pass admits two adults. Children under 18 are free.
- Hours: 11-5. Closed every Tuesday and major holidays.
- The museum houses rotating art exhibits and the sculpture park features more than sixty outdoor modern and contemporary pieces of sculpture.
- One pass is available each day. Each pass admits four people with a $5.00 charge per person.
- Hours: Vary by season - check website
The EcoTarium - Worcester, Mass. - (508) 929-2700
- Hands-on learning and discovery center for the natural sciences.
- Each pass allows half-price admission for two adults and two children. Regular admission is $12 for adults and $8 for children ages 2 through 18.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 10-5; Sun noon-5
- First full-scale museum in the U.S. devoted to national and international picture book art.
- One pass is available; admits two adults and up to four children.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 10-4; Sun 12-4; closed Mondays and holidays
Fruitlands Museum - Harvard, Mass. - (978) 456-3294 ext. 235
- Site of the first Shaker Museum. Also houses a Native American gallery of artifacts and art gallery of landscape paintings.
- One pass per day, which admits up to two adults and two children or one adult and three children.
- Hours: Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri 10-4; Sat and Sun 10-5; Closed Tuesdays (open mid-April to mid-November)
- Home and gardens of Robert Todd Lincoln and his descendants
- Two passes are available. Each pass admits a family of four.
- Hours: Daily 9:30 to 4:30, except major holidays.
- The facility includes an 8,000-sq ft glass conservatory with butterflies, moths and tropical vegetation.
- A pass for two free admissions is available.
- Hours: Daily 9-5; 9-6 summer. Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas.
Mariposa Museum - Peterborough, N.H. - (603) 924-4555
- "Celebrates world culture with costumes to wear, instruments to play, and a world of treasures at your fingertips."
- One pass per day. Each pass admits one adult and two children. Regular admission is $6 for adults, $5 for seniors, and $4 for children.
- Summer Hours: Open daily, 11-5.
Sept.-mid June: Open Tues.-Sun., 11-5.
- Features a variety of shows and exhibits to educate everyone, from the youngest explorer to the backyard astronomer.
- Two passes are available each day the center is open. Each pass is valid for admission to the exhibit halls for 4 people. There is a charge of $5 per person for the discovery center shows.
- Reservations are required. Call ahead.
- Hours: Thurs-Sun 10:30-4; Fri evenings 6:30-9
- Hands-on science museum for people of all ages, "offering dozens of exciting exhibits relating to the natural and physical sciences, ecology, and technology".
- Located on 110 acres along the Connecticut River, with many nature trails.
- Two passes for free admission are available for each day.
- Regular prices are: adults $10; children 2-17 $8; children under 2 free.
- Hours: daily from 10-5 except Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Dedicated to Native American cultural expression.
- Two passes per day available. Each pass admits one person.
- Hours: Mon-Sat 10-5; Sun 12-5 (open May-October)
- Exhibitions on the state’s heritage and traditions.
- Two family passes for free admission are available.
- Hours: Tues-Sat 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Living history museum of the Puddle Dock neighborhood from the 1600s to the 1950s
- Two free passes per day. Each pass admits two adults and up to four children
- Hours: May-October 10-5 daily
- Includes a Nature Center, raptor exhibits and show,nature trails, and a store.
- Two free admissions are available.
- Regular admission is $9.00 for adults, $8.00 for seniors (65+), $7.00 for ages 3 to 18, and free for 2 and under.
- Hours are 10-5 daily, May - October.
Last updated: 1/28/13